Saturday, December 27, 2008

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out

It has been a great Christmas holiday. I think my favorite part of this Christmas was just being home with my family. Last year, I just had to talk to them all on the phone from DC. Anyway, Zeb and Hil came up from Mesa on Tuesday night. I hadn't seen them since we took a trip down for Zebs white coat ceremony. On Wednesday night we had our traditional family dinner. This year it was over at Kedrics house. On Christmas morning we were awakened by a call from UDOT. It was a call for my dad to go out and plow snow. We were hoping he wouldn't get called out until later in the day, but we just watched a movie while he was gone to pass the time. When he got back we had a blast openeing our gifts. My big present this year was a Glock 9mm! I was way excited about it. Of course, just after I opened it, someone had to say the classic line from A Christmas Story, "You'll shoot your eye out." Unfortunately, it has been way cold outside, and I haven't even had the chance to try it out yet. On Friday afternoon Farley and Tina made it into town. They spent Christmas in Tabiona with Tinas family. It was great being together again. We were just wishing that Jason would have been here with us. It's weird to think that Christmas has already come and gone. It is such a great time of year for families and service. I guess the challenge now is just to try and maintain the good spirit of Christmas throughout the rest of the year!

2 comments:

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

Glad we could be here with you for Christmas... we loved seeing you all and had an absolute BLAST! Until next year!

Tina said...

I'm excited to see you guys this weekend!