Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day Weekend

This last Thursday night after my dad got off work we drove up to Orem to meet up with my mom at Farley and Tina's apartment. After spending the night with them my dad and I drove to Sandy to the Hyundai dealership to pick out my new car. PSYCH! We went to the dealership to get my transmission flushed. When the car was finished we had a little bit of time before we planned to meet up with everyone else, so we went to the This Is The Place Monument. It was fun getting to see that. Then we met up with all the family at Hogle Zoo. It had been a really long time since I had been there, so it was fun to see it again. Sadly, the Hogle Zoo has the same problem that all others zoos have, all the animals are either asleep or behind the scenes somewhere. We did get to see a few fun animals though, so I guess I shouldn't complain. That night we got to go to another Salt Lake Bees game. We didn't get as lucky as the last game though, because the Bees lost 4-6 to the Las Vegas 51s. On Saturday morning all the boys got to go play a round of golf at a course called The Barn. It was a really nice course, and I think everyone had a good time. I spent more time chasing crazy hits than anything else, but I still had a blast. That afternoon we met back up with the rest of the family and went to the arcade and watched the new Indiana Jones movie. We all spent that evening just kind of relaxing because we were all kind of spent. It was a lot of fun just getting to be with everyone again. It was also kind of a weird trip though, because it was our last trip to Ogden before Zeb and Hil move to Arizona. Anyway, I'm glad that things turned out a little better this go around. Last time I was with Zeb and Hil I was sick the whole time, so it was a good last hoorah in Ogden.


A tribute to the pioners as they reached the valley


This Is The Place Monument


Waiting for Zeb & Hil in front of Hogle Zoo


The famous white alligator


A monkey making its get-away


Now I see how we are so closely related



We found Pumba, but where is Timone?


Come on, just let me in already


All smiles at the Bees game


Well, almost all smiles



Gettin ready for a big hit



Throwin some heat



The only things safe from my drives are the fairway and the green



Leaving Zeb & Hils house for the last time

5 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

BUsy busy weekend! But fun! When do Zeb and Hil move? Are they going to be in Blanding for the 4th? I hope so! I loved all of your pics! And you had me at the beginning with the new car scam! you stinker! It's going to be great to see you guys on the 4th, I"m so excited!

Gardner Grafix said...

We found if you go first thing in the morning they have just eaten and are all up and ready to perform!

Leslie Redd said...

Hey Harold, its the Redds. (Dal and Les) Looks like you been enjoying life and family since you got home. Check us out sometime at theredds-dalnles.blogspot.com

Carson said...

What is this Harold? You were in SL and you didn't call me?

Shalie and Alex said...

skyla!! im glad you finally got a blog i love it i especially love the part about lagoon and dare day that was a wild trip you tormented me with the name radio that whole trip. we went on jet star like 38 times haha yes gotta love lagoon