Friday, July 1, 2011

Free National Park Day

On Tuesday the 21st, to celebrate the first day of summer, all national parks had a free admission day. Ruth and I had planned to drive down to Zions to drive through the tunnel, but decided to go somewhere a little closer since I had to be back to work in the evening. So we decided to take a drive to Kolob Canyon and enjoy the scenery. I am guessing I had been there with my family when I was little, but it was my first time that I can remember driving through it. The drive provided some great sights, and we got to enjoy a little hike while we were there too. We had even packed a lunch to eat on the trail, but it turned out to be too hot, and the bugs were having a Skyler buffet, so we just ate in the car. Here are a few pictures of the beautiful scenery we got to see:



















1 comment:

Tina said...

Fun! Hurry up and get here :)