Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Adventures

Well, I was unable to get back to the best spot on earth for the 4th, Blanding, but I was still able to have a couple fun adventures. The first adventure started after I got off work on Saturday. Ruth, Barry, and I hopped in my car and headed for Nevada. We had been invited by Ruth's roommate Lyndsay to go and celebrate the 4th in her hometown of Logandale, Nevada. So after the two hour drive to Logandale, we picked up Lyndsay and went to our other friend Alicia's house. We spent a couple hours at Alicia's house playing in her pool. We had a couple pretty intense (and I am sure hilarious to watch) games of volleyball. After enjoying the pool for a few hours we all went to the Logandale fairgrounds for the community celebration. They had a free dinner of bbq beef sandwiches, baked beans, chips, pie, ice cream and drinks. After dinner there was a small awards ceremony and then a fireworks show. After all the festivities, Ruth and I went back to Lyndsay's house. It was very nice of them to put us up for the night. The next morning we went to the singles ward down there, and then went back to Alicia's for her birthday lunch. So that was pretty much the end of the first adventure. Unfortunately I didn't really get pictures from the trip to Nevada, so you will just have to settle for the story. The other adventure though, will have plenty of pictures. On Monday after work Tara, Ruth, and I went to hike Kanaraville Falls. Ruth and I had attempted this hike in early May, but the water was just too high and too cold to finish it then. I was really glad we could actually get up to the falls this time though, because it was a very beautiful hike. So here are a few pictures and videos from the adventure.

3 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

How fun!! we will have to go check it out sometime, they look pretty. we missed you this year in blanding, hopefully next year you can make it!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

We sure did miss you on the 4th but we're glad you had fun and were able to celebrate! Sounds like you and Ruth are staying busy and having loads of adventures! Hope you are enjoying SUU!!! Ha Ha!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!! Eveen I might try and go down the falls????